Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TOP TEN: A look back at 2012!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It really was fun looking back through my 2012 cards. Here are 10 of my personal favorites. I put the date of the original blog post AFTER each photo:
1/16/12. Three cheers for the red, white and blue! K&Co. Americana DP.
1-27-12. I made this "Anne of Green Gables" card with Hambo stamps for their book-themed bloghop. My Mind's Eye (MME) Quite Contrary 6x6 DP.
1-30-12. The stamp is My Favorite Things Pure Innocence "Plane Amazing"; MME Portobello Road DP.
7-10-12. The stamp is "Winter Marci" by LaLa Land Craftsl MME Lost & Found Market Street DP.
7-10-12. Impression Obsession stamp colored with Copics.
8-17-12. I thought a hero's child could remove the tag and use it as a bookmark! I colored the vintage image (Digital Two for Tuesday).
9-6-12. Digi from The Stamping Boutique.
9-2-12. One of my favorite masculine cards. DP: MME L&F Portobello Road.
10-6-12. I'm proud of this one because I drew the digi (and it looks like my son when he was little). Paper-pieced with MME The Merry Days of Christmas. You can still snag the digi at my 10-6-12 blog post if you like.
11-14-12. I paper pieced and colored (Copics) this sweet image from Free Vintage Digital Stamps for my neighbors, who had their first baby in November. THANKS for stopping by today, and for your visits and comments throughout the year! Here's a link to the OWH Stars and Stamps blog so you can check out the other blogs participating in this little trip down memory lane! I can't wait to see everybody's Top Ten! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

28 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Oh Sherry, these are some great picks of your cards. I have enjoyed visiting your blog each time you post and admire your talents and your ability to produce such lovely vintage style cards. Something I must really try to work on. I love them but they don't love me. LOL. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Donna Nuce said...

Happy New Year Sherry! You have a gorgeous collections of cards from last year.

Carol L said...

Ohhhh SNAP! I LOVE your "we're only a flight apart" card! I've never seen that image/sentiment before, but how perfect is that for OWH cards! Your collection is awesome, and our heroes are lucky to have you making cards for them! Have a wonderful new year in 2013!

Sybrina K said...

Hi Sherry,

This is a fabulous set of cards! I adore the cardinal ornament -- with glossy accents, correct? That was my favorite until I saw your wonderful rodeo card!

I have the ribbon and paper that you used in your first card and never thought to put them together. Duh! Thanks for the idea. :)

Misty said...

Sherry, I have always loved all your cards. Love seeing what you love about your work. Still, that cardinal is Stunning!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Lynn said...

Awesome cards and I enjoyed reading about your book on the other blog! That's so cool. Happy new Year.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards. That cardinal is really special with the Glossy Accents ornament.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Sherry! I loved seeing your top picks for 2012, your cards are wonderful!

Happy New Year =)

Zingaro Skoolie said...

I don't know how you just picked 10 - great cards TFS

Beth L. said...

Fantastic cards! Lots of inspiration for me :)

Dixie Cochran said...

Sherry, you picked some great cards for your post today. I think there's a card for everyone in this collection. Happy New Year!

Cora said...

You must have had a hard time picking. I have always enjoyed the creativity you use in your Hambo challenges. I wish it would rub off on me. I want to try the sketch where you used 3 panels for the big flower stamp. Love it

Anonymous said...

I like them all! I love the vintage images you used, and the digi you made is awesome! Pat Kinkaid

Yvonne B. said...

I love the cardinal! A nice combination of cards. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

Ronni Unger said...

GREAT card!!!!!!! I love the paper piecing - and the vintage feel of the last one. Have a wonderful new year!

Jen M said...

Sherry, your cards are totally awesome. I love your vintage chic style and I'm SUPER amazed that you drew that digi! WOW!
Happy new year,
Jen

Ann said...

Sherry, I love looking at your cars! They all have that beautiful vintage feel and I believe you have perfected paper piecing! Happy New Year!!

BobbisTreasure said...

The detail on all of your cards is AMAZING!!!!! TFS!!

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sherry, every card in your favorites is a gem. I always love your paper piecing (inspiring me to try it a little bit!), and since I love Anne of Green Gables, your Hambo card is a favorite of mine! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in 2013. Have a great New Year!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Great set of cards! Love your vintage style!

Susan said...

love the card with the bookmark! very useful but I would never be able to destroy the card to use it!

Cindy E. Rapson said...

I too, love the vintage look of your cards. My favorite is the one with the removable bookmark. How clever! here's to another year of creativity and I've enjoyed following your blog...

Linda said...

Missed you lately...Super group of cards...the Rodeo is my fave of the bunch...way to rock that paper! Keep it up...tfs!!!

Unknown said...

Sherry these are stunning! Love the bookmark idea; you're so clever! Also really like the bird/flower paneled card. Great job with the digi of the snow shoveler too! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful array of cards!

byAnnette said...

Sherry~ Pretty Cards
I really like the one with the bookmark!

Lynn said...

These are all so wonderful! I love your creativity. I really like that Christmas ornament card! Thank you for your inspiration. Happy New Year!

Patricia H said...

Sherry, seeing your cards is always a treat! I like how you've turned the that Marcy image into a wonderful blend of cutesy modern (the image) and vintage (the color scheme, the font of the sentiment, and the punched corner). The cardinal ornament card is simply amazing! Happy New Year, and keep up the super job you're doing for OWH.

Nancy Keller said...

That is the most beautiful cardinal and I love the idea of the bookmark on a card! Great thinking!!