Wednesday, January 23, 2013

OWH Sketch & Color Theory Boot Camp

Welcome! Here is this week's sketch at the OWH Stars and Stamps blog:
I decided to combine the sketch challenge with the homework assignment for the first session of Color Theory Boot Camp at the S&S blog. I used the complementary colors blue-green (teal) and red-orange:
The wonderful sewing collage image is from Free Vintage Digi Stamps; DP is My Mind's Eye "Stella Rose - Mabel papers 6x6 pad"; Michael's adhesive lace; Marvy Uchida button punch; sentiment is woodmounted from PrintWorksCollection. Thanks a lot for stopping by!

7 comments:

Paula S. said...

Another great card in your signature 'vintage' style Sherry! The Blue-Green & Orange combo is not one I'd naturally reach for but wow, it is striking and this card is proof. Thanks for playing in this month's Bootcamp!

Linda said...

Gorgeous and a definite future CASE card for me! I love it all!

Donna Nuce said...

I love that color combination. It really draws your eye to the image.

Nancy Keller said...

Super cute!! I love those colors together and I love that button punch! Must... Have... :) thanks for boot camping with us!!!

AllisonG said...

Love how you combined the two challenges. That color combo is beautiful!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Gorgeous card Sherry, and a fantastic job combining the two challenges. I would have never thought to use this color combo but you've used it beautifully. Love the image... I'll have to go find it. Thanks for playing Sketchy with us this week!

Stampindamour said...

Hi Sherry - It's wonderful! Nice color combo! I have pinned to Pinterest and I will post it to my other FB page {Phoenix Scrapbook Store}...

-Pamela ;)