Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are doing well.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Saturday, January 17, 2015
I bought this image from Doodle Pantry awhile ago but hadn't used it. I decided to use the pre-colored version that's in the set. I was going for a masculine card, with flowers and brad that I hoped would work for a guy. That's BoBunny dp and the sentiment is a rubber stamp from my stash.
Have a good weekend!
Monday, January 5, 2015
I just ordered the First Responders stamp set (My Favorite Things) from the shop at OWH and it happens that the ODBD challenge for January at OWH is to make a card for a hero. I decided to use my police woman stamp and make a card to thank police officers. It also works for the blue challenge at Seongsook's Stampers and the new challenge at Card In Envy--use banners. I didn't get the greatest photo of my card but here it is:
I'll try to get a sharper photo tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Happy New Year and welcome to my blog! Thanks to Operation Write Home for sponsoring this event where card makers take a look back and share their favorite cards. I hope you enjoy seeing these cards I made. I can't wait to hop around to other blogs to see all the gorgeous creations!
1. My first card is very special to me. I made it for the arrival of my first grandchild, Benjamin, born to my daughter-in-law, Lori, and son, Brian, on October 7th!
2. I love this little robot! Sandy taught me well in her Copic coloring classes!
3. Paper piecing--the answer to re-living my childhood love of paper dolls!
4. Sandy Allnock designed this wonderful stamp depicting her with Ciara, Sandy's beloved pet and OWH mascot. Rest in peace, Ciara; good dog.
5. I really love making cards with tags as well as vintage and French themes.
6. Another gorgeous stamp design by Sandy. I like using patterned paper to create the scene on a card:
7. This was fun because I embossed the entire card front, including the stamped image:
8. I just love the reds in this one:
9. This one was made for a vintage challenge; a little thick for OWH purposes but I had fun!
10. Hambo Stamps: perfect for those times I take things too seriously!
11. Vintage image from a favorite website, Digital Two for Tuesday:
13. Paper piecing, tags and a MFT Pure Innocence stamp: my happy place:
14. I am proud of another year volunteering for Operation Write Home! Thank you, heroes and their families!
Now don't forget to hop back to the Stars and Stamps blog at Operation Write Home to link to other blogs and keep the fun going.
Happy New Year! Happy paper crafting!
My sweet grandson, Ben, and me!
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
I like to think a soldier will send this home from her deployment to her favorite guy. This is a Greeting Farm stamp.
Saturday, December 27, 2014
I decided to use the new Operation Write Home sketch to make an AnyHero card celebrating OWH reaching the 3 million card milestone! That's THREE MILLION gorgeous handmade cards sent by heroes to their loved ones far away at home. I'm proud to be a part of this effort! Congratulations to our president, Sandy Allnock and every dedicated card maker!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year!
Hooray for OWH and our heroes!