Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tutorial: Embossed Flower technique


A very talented OWH card maker, Pam, recently posted a beautiful card in which paper flowers were embossed with the cardstock. I loved it; it reminded me of an old-fashioned bedspread. So, I was delighted to see a tutorial today at OWH www.owhstarsandstamps.org!
My first attempt ended in File 13, lol. I don't have a flourish stamp (shopping trip!!) so I drew a few stems and leaves. I also colored them with Marvy markers. When I get a flourish stamp, I'll try the black & white technique Pam used for the flourish because I love that style. This is a REALLY fun technique with lots of possibilities! Thanks, Pam!

9 comments:

airbornewife said...

Your card is beautiful! and you are so right about it reminding one of an old bedspread, just like my grandma used to have.

thanks so much for sharing ~ Pam

Joanne M said...

it still came out great Sherry, even without the 'flourish' stamp ... I didn't even realize you drew the stems and leaves til you said it - and I agree about the bedspread thing ... nice card

Unknown said...

Beautiful and you are right about the bedspreads.

Paula S. said...

Sherry I love the "pop" that the green adds in this card. Beautiful! I can't wait to give this technique a try myself.

gbinion said...

you did a great job on this and the stem is perfect!!

Kate said...

I love the stem and leaves! Very pretty card!

Velda said...

Love your stems and the pearl centers on the flowers.

Carol L said...

My mother had a chenille bedspread that looked very much like this beautiful card! Great job on the technique!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. Your stems and leaves are beautifully drawn and colored!