Monday, February 28, 2011

OWH Sketch #58


My son moved back home temporarily so my craft room is in upheaval, halfway moved upstairs. I am having trouble functioning in the disorder! The measurements on this card (and the cutting) aren't exact and straight, but I remembered I've always wanted to try the open border line that I first saw on Jan Hunnicutt's cards! I just used a black pen. I think it enhances the focal point and adds a touch of elegance; I'll definitely do it again. I colored the tiny grape stamps with Prismacolor pencils; I realized the stamp is probably too small to try to color!
Thanks for stopping by! Take care.
Big OWH Bloghop this Saturday, March 5th!

4 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Sherry, bless your heart. You've lost your crafty area, but your card is pretty. I like the open border. It really adds the oomph to the card!

Unknown said...

I like the border too, and the dp is lovely.

Julie said...

Cute card, Sherry! I like that open border trick, I'm going to have to remember that! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

helloholley said...

This is so pretty Sherry....you did a great job with the black marker.....great idea!!!
Inky Hugs,
Holley