Thursday, March 13, 2014

Two scrappy background cards for Mom

Welcome! My friend's three little girls were at my house for a time yesterday; they love to play with my paper scraps and punches so I thought it was a good opportunity for me to try the Midweek Throwdown challenge at OWH: Scrappy Background. Between the four of us, we made quite a dent in my scrap box, lol. Here are two cards for Mom that I made:



You'll see I used the same sentiment stamp for both, but used just the word Mother on the 2nd. Has anybody else had a hard time finding stamps for Mom? Thanks to our MWT coordinator, Allison, for another fun challenge!

5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Wonderful job with your scrappy backgrounds. I like the two different sentiments, but I think I my favorite is the one with the picture on it. I've never thought to do that, great idea, Sherry. Enjoy your day.

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Sherry! I think the pink one is my favorite. I also realized that I have three Mother's Day stamps but no Mom stamps. I used a Love you Mom digi that Paula designed a few years ago for mine.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards and I like your choice of background scraps and the bows pull it all together. I just purchased a set of stamps from Stamplorations which include several MOM stamps.

TK said...

Nice use of scraps! These are both great cards. I don't have any "Mom" stamps either. I find using my alphabets stamps comes in handy here and for just "Dad" cards too. Works for me! :)

Meggymay said...

Love your backgrounds, two super card for Mom
Yvonne