Saturday, March 29, 2014

In memory of an OWH card maker

It made me very sad to read Sandy's post today that Suzanne H., a member of the Operation Write Home family passed away recently. Sandy has asked us to use one of Suzanne's cards as inspiration to make a card in her honor. I went back to Suzanne's Featured Card Maker post and the image on this sweet card made by Suzanne touched me.
I don't have any Whipper stamps, but the image in Suzanne's card reminded me of a sweet Sliekje digi that I have in my collection. I colored the flower to reflect the colors in Suzanne's daisy. I send heartfelt sympathy to her family. OWH is truly a kind of family, and we all feel the loss of one of our dedicated card makers. We can only try our best to carry on the work that Suzanne did so well for our heroes and their loved ones.

 
I decided to add the pink heart because Suzanne surely put great love into the many cards she made for OWH.

No comments: