Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hambo Hoedown: Camera Guy digi

The challenge at this week's Hambo Stamps' Hoedown is to use their new Camera Guy digi and a frame somewhere in the design:
Can't you just picture this big guy snapping photos of his latest catch? So, the fish paper (Carolyn Holt Designs, "Go Fish Mini Fish") floating behind the frame seemed perfect! Luckily, this frame was in a Deja Views "Butcher Block" tablet I've had in my stash forever. I paper pieced Camera Guy with DP from The Natural Stack (DCWV) and kraft paper. The blue strip is from The Linen Closet stack (DCWV) and the houndstooth DP from The Natural stack. I had fun with my silver pen, both coloring the camera and trying to make his belt look like Western silver/turquoise beaded. I added Glossy Accents to the camera lens. I just bought these little screw brads recently and I'm glad I did. This would make a great birthday, Father's Day or Hi Dad card!
Thanks for another fun challenge, Hambo!

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, Terrific card. You did a great job with your silver pen. I love the houndstooth paper and the screw brad is perfect for this type of card. A real nice guy card.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Sherry, clever design, I love it!
Kevin xx

She's a Color Queen said...

I love it!! The framed paper is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week!

Unknown said...

Terrific. He made me think of a tourist at an aquarium.

Laurel Weeks said...

Very clever, Sherry! Love how you combined the camera and fish imagery.

Whimsey said...

Terrific card - I love it! Very, very cute!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs, Michele

Kathryn said...

Sherry, you incorporated so many great details into this card, but my favorite has to be the paper pieced plaid shirt. It's perfect for this middle-aged tourist!

AllisonG said...

Great card, Sherry! I was out of town at my scrapbooking retreat for 4 days, so just catching up on all the blogs I follow on Sunday night. :-)

helloholley said...

Great masculine card!!! ;)