Saturday, May 3, 2014

May ODBD Challenge at OWH: Embossing

I remembered a popular technique from my earlier days with OWH where the card front was embossed after the design had been stamped with flowers. It was a beautiful technique and I got the idea this morning to try it with this card for the ODBD May Challenge: Embossing. Let me know what you think! This embossing folder is my favorite; I think it makes paper look like fabric, so I had fun trying this out. Perhaps I should not have embossed the image and sentiment, but it's kind of fun how the embossing transforms the entire card front. Can we meet Sandy's challenge to get our 50 cards posted today for the Our Daily Bread Challenge! We can do it!!

Stamp: Lockhart Stamp Co.
Sentiment Stamp: Memory Box
DP: Graphic 45 French Country
Embossing Folder: "Square Lattice", Stampin' Up
Spellbinders Nestabilities: "Square Swatches" 
Stampin' Up Modern Label & Word Window punches
Copics, Pearl Pen
 
I will also post this at the challenge blog Words 2 Scrap By, where the inspiration phrase is "Bloom where you are planted."
 
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry

4 comments:

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the background and the texture! Very rich. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com.

Donna Hanley said...

This came our beautiful. I also love the folder.

Paula S. said...

I have to confess that I bought this SU embossing folder after seeing this technique and falling in love with it. I used it a bunch of times and then promptly managed to forget it. For some reason I have poor recall with techniques and I am glad you reminded me of this one. Look for me to CASE it very soon! :)

Sybrina K said...

Sherry,

So glad you remembered this technique. Your card is so pretty and full of texture! And, the image is certainly perfect for our Bloom Where You Are Planted challenge

Thanks for the shout out and for joining us this month at W2SB!