Friday, July 12, 2013

Hambo challenge: use office supplies

Welcome! I used this fun Hambo digital stamp called "Bad Connection" for this week's Hoedown challenge to use office supplies. It's a great image for "Missing You" cards for Operation Write Home to send to the troops. I love this vintage electric fan DP from Echo Park and the brown stripe reminds me of a few laminate desk tops I saw during my working years! I punched a big circle and then the little circles and put the Echo Park number paper behind it just to give an impression of an old-fashioned rotary dial. I popped the "dial" up with foam mounting tape.
Image and Sentiments: Hambo Stamps digital stamp "Bad Connection"
DP's: Echo Park "This & That" 6x6 pad (fan, numbers and brown striped paper--that reminded me of a laminate desktop and I love that old fan paper!!) and Prima "Divine" (ledger type page made into a tag)
Copics
Tim Holtz Reinforcements
Staples, paper clips, binder clip (I will take off the binder clip before shipping to OWH--too thick)
Shipping tag string

I really enjoy this kind of challenge; thanks, Hambo! And thanks for stopping by Bits of Cheer.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love that rotary dial, and I remember them well! This is a perfect card to send to the troops! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Hambo Hoedown.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Lyn said...

This is really great Sherry! I love all of the elements including the retro fan background and the dial phone. Just wow ~ love this card! Thanks for joining the Hoedown!
Lyn