Friday, March 8, 2013

"Cards in Envy" sketch challenge

I made this vintage style card for the Cards In Envy blog sketch challenge (click the link to see the sketch). I love this 1911 McCalls Magazine image from Digital Two for Tuesday. I inked the image and the paper edges with Ranger Broken China and Antique Linen distress inks. I had a teensy bit of trouble with my Pearl Pen and stamping the little butterfly in the bg, oh well! C'est la vie! My card is nice and flat, which is what Cards In Envy is all about! I hope you enjoy your weekend; thanks (merci) for stopping by!

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Sherry, I like the image, the background and the colours.
Kevin xx

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Nice card. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Sherry, love your vintage image. I think we should all wear clothes like that again! I didn't even notice the mishap with the Pearl Pen - probably because I almost always have the same issue :-) Lovely card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Cissy Murphy said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for joining our Cards In Envy sketch challenge!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love that image Sherry! I didn't even notice your butterfly blooper so it doesn't count. Ha, ha. Wonderful card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

ddazzled71 said...

This is just gorgeous, I love all the wonderful vintage/parisian images and sentiment! Like Sandy I didn't notice your butterfly error either, I actually think it adds to the card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!
Danie xx