Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sketch challenge #29


I was watching StampTV one day (I love watching Gina K!). She made a Christmas card by taking two colors of distress ink and [effortlessly] swiping them across the card. Then she stamped it with an evergreen tree image. When I tried it today, I found that I need a lot more practice with effortless swiping, so I tried just taking a distress ink pad (Tea Dye) and lightly stamping the ink pad onto card stock. Then I stamped the fisherman. To me it looks like he is fishing in a little glade of trees and a pond.
Deets: St Emma patterned paper; Inkadinkado corner stamp; Hampton Arts sentiment; no label on fisherman stamp; Jim Holtz distress ink; Color Box black pigment stamp pad
Have a good week!

11 comments:

helloholley said...

Hi Sherry!!!
You are such a hoot!!! I lol'ed when you were describing how you made the card,too funny!!! I really,really love how this came out....I love distressing.....but never actually done it this way....so I may give this a shot....thanks for the laughs and the inspiration!!! ;)

Cindy's Card Co said...

I like the distressing idea, I might have to try that if my distress inks haven't dried out from non use, ha ha. Love the card.

ThePurplePlace said...

Great Card! Perfect for Fall and I think you did a wonderful job! :)
I also am a big fan of Gina K and watch her Stamp TV videos! Gosh do I wish I had her creative imagination! She's awesome and makes it all look so easy! Ya right!!

Happy Crafting and thank you for visiting my blog!!!

*CAFE said...

Gorgeous! I was wondering how you did that distressed look with the two colors of stamping on this when I saw it, and when I read it.....cool! I'm going to have to try it, too! Nice work!

Our Little Inspirations said...

Now this might be a brand new technique you've discovered! I love it!! And I agree, it does look like the fisherman is among trees! Great masculine card, and I love the corner adornments!

Louise Fox said...

I think this is such a stunning card! And I agree that it very much looks like he is standing among the trees in the water. The papers are especially beautiful with the card. Love, love, love it.

BeeBeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

Susan said...

I love this card...nice job

Yolanda said...

I thought the whole image was a stamp. It does look just like a pond surrounded by trees. Great technique.

Karen Howard said...

Love the image and paper you used!

P.S. If you love challenges then you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.