Monday, October 29, 2012

Wintry owl cards

These two cards are based on Day 1 of the Online Card Class Holiday Workshop, but I've made my cards A2 size for OWH and I did a bit of faux stitching on one since I don't have a machine. Both cards use My Favorite Things "Thinking of Hoo" clearstamp set. The first card is a little snowy owl sitting on a birch limb; I love birch trees in the winter. The DP is Lawn Fawn. The 2nd card is a little brown woodsy owl with some tartan and other DP scraps as background. Both cards are colored with Copics, with additions of puff pen and Pearl Pen. We can make wintry cards for OWH until the end of the year. I really enjoyed watching the Day 1 videos and can't wait for Day 2. Our power is blinking on and off in the hurricane; I'd better get these posted quick and hope our power doesn't go out!! Take care.

1 comment:

AllisonG said...

Both cards are very cute, but I'm partial to your birch tree as well!

Maybe if the electricity goes out you can still make cards by candlelight or flashlight! Stay warm and safe.