Monday, December 9, 2019

My Retro Christmas card

Hello and welcome! I made this retro, vintage card for the It's the Holidays Challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.

I love the retro style of Christmas in the 50's, when I was a child. One of my favorite memories is of the gifts we kids received from our Aunt Ethel. She always added a very fancy embellished bow on her packages, the kind with bells or sparkly berries, etc. It was my favorite part of her gift! I added the punched fir branches, gold snowflakes, and tartan Candi dots to my card as a little tribute to Aunt Ethel.


Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment. Have a wonderful holiday season!




4 comments:

Maggi said...

YOur card is so pretty, I do love the Santa on the train image, that is so cute. My dh and I are train hobbiest so of course I love Santa riding a train! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Sherry Hickey said...

Thanks, Maggi. My DH has many of his trains from the 50s and always set them up with our son. Now he has given them to our son and he continues the tradition with his two little boys! He built an even bigger train table than we had! Merry Christmas!

Suzanne C said...

What a sweet tribute to your Aunt Ethel! Beautiful card with all those special embellishments that give it the extra love! Thanks for joining us in The Funkie Junkie Boutique "It's the Holidays Challenge"!

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

So cute! Love that Santa image : ) Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!