Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Christmas card/sketch challenge

Welcome! I decided to try the new sketch challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Here is the really neat sketch:

 
It would make a fabulous Clean and Simple Card, which I'm pretty sure I'm physically unable to make!
I love Christmas villages (I have one) and the sketch just gave me the idea to make a "mini village" card using digi house stamps from Vera Lane Studio. I photographed my card flat so you may be able to see that I popped up the middle house.
 
 
 
 I definitely will use this sketch again and keep trying for that elusive Clean and Simple! I might try this same idea again with Christmas houses, but make them smaller and use just black, white and red...hmm.
 
 
Don't ya just love these Vera Lane Studio houses? I added the tiny bow to the center one to make a wreath.
-Sherry
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a sweet card! I love Christmas villages too. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Donna Hanley said...

This came out very, very nice, Sherry. I love your colorful neighborhood. Very inviting. Enjoy the day.

Fabiola said...

Il est adorable ce village Sherry, si festif et charmant, il met dans l'ambiance de la fête, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Deborah Frings said...

I do like your festive village - great colours. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Lucinda said...

Those houses are such fun, and I love your cheery colours. The wreath looks great!

AlisonC said...

Really cute little houses, a lovely card.