Sunday, January 5, 2014

Used new stamp set from ODBD

This card is made with one of the stamp sets I chose from Our Daily Bread Designs for being a recent random winner in the monthly challenge at OWH! Isn't it great? The set is called "Special Boy" and there are 8 stamps in it. Not bad, eh? Fun to get a neat set for masculine cards: free!

My card is based on this week's OWH sketch, although I tweaked it a little:


I'm also posting at the January ODBD challenge, which is to use stripes. Do you think the checkered ribbon makes it too feminine? I was going for that checkered flag look but I'm not sure about the ribbon. The DP is "Postale 6x6" by 7 Gypsies; Candi dots colored with silver pen; Washi tape.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to ODBD for supporting OWH! Have a good week.

12 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Great image for a guy or boy. I think the ribbon looks fine and not at all too feminine. The washi tape matches perfectly. Enjoy the week ahead, Sherry.

Sybrina K said...

Sherry, Belated congrats on being an ODBD winner. Looks like you shopped well. Great card, by the way. Love the pairing of the orange and gray and the pairing of the tractor and the stripes.

Unknown said...

Congrats on ODBD winner! Great guy card, so rugged. Love the pop of red, the checkered flag and the ribbon ties it all together. Nice job! Thanks for sharing and playing along with this week's sketch!

Unknown said...

Sherry, I love what you did with the sketch! The ribbon is a great addition and does not take away from the masculinity of the card at all. Thanks for sharing!

BobbisTreasure said...

What's not to love about this card! The colors, the manly feel, how you turned the sketch - great job!

Jen M said...

I really like this, sherry, and not too feminine at all! What a great stamp set you chose! Congrats.

Couture911 said...

Cute card. I choose the same stamp set when I was the ODB winner! Nice to see another way to use it.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Vroooom, start your engines boys! What a terrific card for a man or boy, and a super great take on the sketch. No, the ribbon does not make this too feminine. I know guite a few guys, and gals, that would love this. Thanks for playing!

Cora said...

Good job with this masculine card. The person that gets this card is lucky indeed.

Small Talk Mama said...

Very cool card! I love that you flipped the sketch on the side.

Donna Nuce said...

I like this stamp set. The racing flag is cool! I love your black white an orange color scheme! It really makes the big truck stand out!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Awesome card! I love the cool design and colors you used! Fabulous job!!!!