Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vintage angel and beautiful sentiment

The challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is "Fairies and Angels." I had good luck at StampersBest today; I found this beautiful digi image called "Sheltering Angel" (she looks like a fairy to me) for just $1! Then I read the beautiful sentiment and knew it would be perfect for an AnyHero card.
The StampersBest digi also works for The Shabby Tea Room challenge Week 129 "Summer Cottage." The challenge is to use distressing, shabby elements, a title/sentiment, and the colors in this inspiration photo:
I colored the "Sheltering Angel" (love that art deco style!) with Copics and gold pen. I found the teal adhesive lace at Michaels, as well as the paper doily in the cake deco section. The brad is from Stampin' Up. I also added Pearl Pen, Ranger distress ink; stamped & cut out the tiny butterfly. The embossing folder is "Tiffany" by Provocraft. I flipped when I saw it (not really) because it complements the digi and also because I'm reading a great book called "Clara and Mr. Tiffany", all about the Tiffany lamps in the late 1800s! I sanded the raised embossing. This is a little chunky for an OWH card, but that's OK since I'll write an AnyHero note inside! See you soon!

6 comments:

Donna Nuce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous card Sherry! 'Tis an old and beautiful Irish blessing. I have considered doing a calligraphy piece of the blessing because I love he saying. TFS

Meggymay said...

A truly beautiful sentiment. Its a fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Patti P. said...

She is a beautiful fairy and I am in love with that beautiful sentiment. Your embossing and the lace and ribbon is so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Patti SCH/DT

Payne Holler Cards said...

So beautiful...love that fairy and sentiment. Really love the color combo you chose and your embellishments!
Hugs
Linda SCH-DT

purple_pea_fran said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with The Shabby Tearoom.