Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cool challenge/cool sketch.

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I recently bought this beautiful Impression Obsession stamp after taking a little card workshop at my LSS. I thought it would be great for the new Operation Write Home Sketch #128 (which I flipped). I stamped the image with Memento black; colored it with Copics and cut it into 3 strips. I made 5 layered flowers instead of hearts, using Stampin' Up's Boho Flower Punch and rhinestones. "Beautiful" sticker: Glitz Epoxy Words, Vintage Blue. I will also post this card for the July ODBD challenge, which is to use the cool side of the color wheel.

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Sherry, I like the design and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Kathryn said...

I love your take on this sketch. I haven't tried it yet because I thought the embellishments wouldn't look purposeful, but the way you've done them, they have a place to rest. So glad you were able to combine challenges and enter this for ODBD, too.

Linda said...

I just love it when I see someone flipped the sketch...it gives me a little something extra to think about. TFS!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Sherry! I like how you flipped the sketch, I was hoping someone would try that :) Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Adele said...

What a beautiful card! The recipient of such a masterpiece is going to be very lucky. You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I love that! Thanks for playing in the ODBD challenge this month!