Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hambo Geranium and a Clean And Simple skip at OWH S&S blog!


I absolutely love this week's new digi given to those who joined in the Hambo Hoedown progressive challenge last week. I think it's a beautiful drawing and I wanted the geranium to stand out on my card. Our challenge this week also is to include "scoring" in our creation. I created a scored double border around the geranium, and distressed the scoring with this little flower shaped sander I have. There's different kinds of writing on both DPs, which I love, and when someone gives you a beautiful flower like this, no extra words are necessary!
I really like how my card turned out, especially the sponging that creates kind of a light around the geranium. And I think this would be considered a "Clean And Simple" card, which is the theme of OWH's blog skip today. What do you think?
In addition to this fab Hambo digi, I used these materials:
Memento Dewdrop Ink in "London Fog"
Copic sketch markers
DP: Cosmo Cricket "Odds & Ends" mini deck
Memory Box "Minuet" 6x6 paper collection
Half pearls
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Judie said...

Hi Sherry,
It is indeed a beautiful flower and is right standing alone.

Judie

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Sherry! I love the scoring!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful !!!

Barb Housner

Hey Hey Paula said...

Sherry, your card is beautiful. I love the scored border and the distressed look that the sanding & sponging add to the card. Thanks for playing.

Unknown said...

Love how your scoring stands out! Great job with the challenge. Pretty coloring too!

Thanks for playing at the Hoedown! Hope to see you back next week!

Jenn

Paula S. said...

Very nice card Sherry! I like the sponging effect too. I'm going to have to give that a try.

Nasir said...

the image of the flower makes it adorable.
Print vip cards
Transparent business card