Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Necktie tutorial and Father's Day Card challenge at OWH!

OWH is sorely in need of Father's Day cards to send to the troops, so they can send them home to their Dads. There is a link to OWH to the upper right here on my blog, where you can find all the info you need about making cards for heroes.
In order to drum up cards for Father's Day, OWH challenged us to use the necktie tutorial and create 5 cards. Here are my five:

I used The Natural Mat Stack for the card fronts. I lined some of the collars so they would match the outside of the collars. I rounded the top corners of the shirt so they would look more like "shoulders". The "brads" are little stick-on brads I found at JoAnn's. Dixie will have to tell me how long they actually "stick on"! One of the brads I made with my new Viva Decor Pearl pen. I stamped the inside of the cards with "Happy Father's Day."

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the way you doodled the buttons down the fronts of some shirts and rounded the shoulders. Great touches that make the shirts look real. Also, I think your papers are great because my dad has a tie just like the one in the upper right. :)

Kate said...

These are fantastic! I LOVE your paper choices, and the details are great.

Shirley G said...

Awesome cards Sherry! Love the different papers you uses

airbornewife said...

Great bunch of "tie" cards.. these are really neat. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Jen M said...

Those look awesome! Love all the little touches to make them look more real!

Paula S. said...

Wow, what a fantastic job you did coordinating colors and patterns on these. Great work!!

Sea Garden said...

Wow... great cards! Love the papers and the sentiment. Thanks for the inspiration.

Libby said...

Great cards and awesome, earthy color combo. The variety of cards you made is awesome!