Monday, April 25, 2011

OWH Sketch #66

I used the new Sunday (4-24) Sketch #66 at www.owhstarsandstamps.org. I've been wanting to use my new owl punch from Stampin' Up.
Card ingredients:
Papers: DCWV The Linen Closet stack
Flowers: BoHo Flower punch (SU)
Owl: SU
Branch, sentiment and speech bubble: My Favorite Things set called "Thinking of Hoo?"
White gel pen; dark brown Marvy Leplume marker

I wanted flowers but didn't want them to be too girly, so the card could possibly be for either sex. So I punched and layered my own "flowers" with the Boho Punch. The flower to the right of the sentiment is there because the metal point fell off my Marvy LePlume marker and left a nice ink mark! So I added a flower to cover. Hopefully it doesn't look too random!
Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

helloholley said...

Adorable Sherry!!! I love that punch..... he's addicting though ,so watch out, LOL!!! You're so smart to cover up your boo-boo, looks like it was meant to be there!!! Your card came out perfect, I love it!!! Great job on the sketch challenge!!! ;)
Inky Hugs,
Holley

Paula S. said...

Love the colors on this Sherry! I haven't put my Owl Punch to good use yet but this card inspires me to get it out and get going. :)

Brenda said...

I love your card Sherry! Great colours of paper you used and I adore that owl punch, I have it too, but I need to use it more! Your flowers are really pretty!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card. The owl's eyes are perfect, the stitching is a nice touch and the flower fix over the marker accident works great!

Linda said...

Great card...Been wanting to get that punch! TFS!!!

Julie said...

So cute, Sherry! I love how the owl's little eyes are looking up at the sentiment. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jen M said...

Adorable! You covered up your 'oops' well. :)

Shauna said...

Very cute card! I love the colors you used and the owl is way cute!!

Carol L said...

Adorable! That extra flower gave this card more balance - I like it! Such a cute owl :)

Donna Hanley said...

This card is adorable. I need to take out that owl punch and use it more often. I love your choice of papers and the flowers are perfect.

Patricia H said...

Such a darling card for either a guy or a girl! I agree with the previous comment that the "extra" flower helps balance out the layout. Great job!