Sunday, January 9, 2011

OWH Sketch #51/ My first paper quilting


Not long after I started making cards (June '10) someone posted a link to a video on CardzTV.com about "card quilting". I saved it in my Favorites and just now got around to trying it. Making the quilt square was fun -- the hardest part was picking out the papers. It's a good project for little scraps. I distressed the paper edges with Ranger Ink and put a CB'd strip in the background. I didn't want to cover up the quilt square, so I tucked the circle element underneath. I thought the sentimen went well with being warm and cozy under a quilt!
My quilt square and matting aren't exactly square, oh well! It was fun --the closest I've ever come to real quilting, lol! I'm glad I could use it for OWH Sketch 51!
I hope that "quilting" video is still up on CardzTV; it's been a while. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Here is the link to the CardzTV video: http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2010/08/paper-quilting.html

12 comments:

StampTramps said...

Awesome job on the quilting! You should put up instructions on the Stars and Stamps blog!

gbinion said...

very beautiful!!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Very nice card.

Julie said...

This is a great card, I love the quilt! And I like the circle element peeking out from behind, it's cute like that! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Carol L said...

I love the design on your quilt card, and especially the colors! I'm a purple girl, so anything with purple always catches my eye :)

Paula S. said...

Great quilt card Sherry! I had done some "quilt" paper designs but they weer so long ago I'd completely forgotten the whole idea! LOL Thanks for jogging my memory!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun quilt design. Very cozy look.

- - Sheryl - - said...

beautiful card

Dolores said...

Such a lovely quilt design...great job!
Will have to try it out too. TFS.

Unknown said...

Awesome, love the quilt design!!

Susan S said...

this is a really pretty card

Cindy O said...

Sherry, your beautiful card inspired me to try this technique. I posted my card on my blog with credit to you. Thank you!