Thursday, September 30, 2010

Meljen's Designs OWH Challenge: monochromatic card



Be sure to visit Meljen Designs DT blog to learn about their challenge for Operation Write Home:
www.meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com
Meljen Designs challenged us to make a monochromatic card. I chose to use their Flutterby Fairy digi. It's so cute, and it inspired me to "go green". I printed the digi right onto PP; I hope it works. All the papers are from Heidi Grace Designs. I CB'd the middle piece of PP using the SU Square Lattice folder. I colored parts of the fairy image with Prismacolor pencils and added faux stitching. The sentiment is from Stampendous.
Last night of a great Birthday Bash month for OWH!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. Love the cross stitching.

helloholley said...

love your card Sherry,too cute....how do you like that SU! embossing folder? Isn't it awesome?!?!?!? Happy weekend my friend!!!;)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Holy Smokes this is amazing!!! Love the greens with that cute fairy from Meljen's. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Meljen's!
Melissa

Cheryl said...

I love your card! Thank you for joining the “Monochromatic, no glitter” challenge at Meljens Designs.

*Cheryl

Operation Write Home said...

Really pretty Sherry!

Sprytebyrd said...

This is SO pretty!! Love you're monochromatic coloring and stitching! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Monochromatic challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) said...

What a great card, I love the stitching and I adore that image. Thanks for joining us in our Monochromatic challenge at Meljen's Designs this week!

Hugs, Jess

Sandy said...

Nicely done! Love the image printed on colored paper :)
Thanks for joining the MJ challenge for Operation Write Home!

Sandy, MelJens DT, and pres of OWH
A Colourful World