Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sketch challenge #29


I was watching StampTV one day (I love watching Gina K!). She made a Christmas card by taking two colors of distress ink and [effortlessly] swiping them across the card. Then she stamped it with an evergreen tree image. When I tried it today, I found that I need a lot more practice with effortless swiping, so I tried just taking a distress ink pad (Tea Dye) and lightly stamping the ink pad onto card stock. Then I stamped the fisherman. To me it looks like he is fishing in a little glade of trees and a pond.
Deets: St Emma patterned paper; Inkadinkado corner stamp; Hampton Arts sentiment; no label on fisherman stamp; Jim Holtz distress ink; Color Box black pigment stamp pad
Have a good week!

10 comments:

helloholley said...

Hi Sherry!!!
You are such a hoot!!! I lol'ed when you were describing how you made the card,too funny!!! I really,really love how this came out....I love distressing.....but never actually done it this way....so I may give this a shot....thanks for the laughs and the inspiration!!! ;)

Cindy's Card Co said...

I like the distressing idea, I might have to try that if my distress inks haven't dried out from non use, ha ha. Love the card.

ThePurplePlace said...

Great Card! Perfect for Fall and I think you did a wonderful job! :)
I also am a big fan of Gina K and watch her Stamp TV videos! Gosh do I wish I had her creative imagination! She's awesome and makes it all look so easy! Ya right!!

Happy Crafting and thank you for visiting my blog!!!

Cheryl First said...

Gorgeous! I was wondering how you did that distressed look with the two colors of stamping on this when I saw it, and when I read it.....cool! I'm going to have to try it, too! Nice work!

Carol L said...

Now this might be a brand new technique you've discovered! I love it!! And I agree, it does look like the fisherman is among trees! Great masculine card, and I love the corner adornments!

Louise Fox said...

I think this is such a stunning card! And I agree that it very much looks like he is standing among the trees in the water. The papers are especially beautiful with the card. Love, love, love it.

Susan S said...

I love this card...nice job

Unknown said...

I thought the whole image was a stamp. It does look just like a pond surrounded by trees. Great technique.

Karen Howard said...

Love the image and paper you used!

P.S. If you love challenges then you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Booksofsterling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.